1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fort Dix

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Tom6850, May 8, 2007.

1. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I think they could have done a lot of damage if they got in until they would have been eliminated. Maybe that is what we should have done, watch and wait unil they entered then WHAM. I drive by Dover AFB quite often and looking at all those C-5s makes me wonder how vulnerable they are from the road.

2. ozyran

ozyran New Member

I just read the news report:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("BBC")</div>
    Full Story Here

That is amazing. When will people learn?

I wonder how far the rabbit hole goes with this one...this is definitely one to keep our eyes on.

3. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

The place where those guys live, Cherry Hill, is next to my hometown of Marlton, NJ.

4. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Gee, all those conservatives saying "if we pull out of Iraq they'll just follow us home" are getting a bit of a surprise... They're already here!

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I can get myself, and anyone I care to sponsor, onto just about any military base thanks to my retired military ID card. The background check on me has been done.

I've always wondered about pizza, etc. delivery people being given access to military bases. What kind of background checks are done on individual delivery people? :huh:

Expect drastic changes for delivery personnel if any of these 'pizza delivery terrorists' are found to be in the country illegally.

6. ozyran

ozyran New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ May 8 2007, 05:25 PM) [snapback]437774[/snapback]</div>
    In order for a Domino's Delivery Driver to be granted access to the sub base (around here, anyways), they must first clear a background investigation, conducted by the company, to be given a security permit for base access. Even military guys doing pizza delivery as a part-time second job have to clear a background investigation prior to being allowed to deliver on base - it's company policy.

I never did dig in to find out how deep the security investigation goes though.

7. ewhanley

ewhanley New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This is of course very troubling, and I am glad that they were stopped....But:

Methinks one would have to be a complete moron to think attacking a military installation with five of your closest militant friends would be a good idea. Automatic weapons or not, I think they would have been dealt with in short order.

8. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ May 8 2007, 05:06 PM) [snapback]437768[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know where you have been, remember 9/11? Way before Iraq. This really could have and probably will happen somewhere else in the USA. I don't care if its Republican or Democrat in the White House we must must stick together. People are really foolish if they think this will go away if we pull out of Iraq. I know I am getting up there but I am not yet over the hill. I am very concerned about my children and grandchrildren as to how the future of this country is going. In Texas they say remember the Alamo, who in this country now says remember 9/11.

9. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Ft. Dix is not what I would call a secure facility. I know of several bases where public roads run through them and they look pretty much like any other residential neighborhood. Ft. Mead and Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland, part of Wright-Pat in Ohio, and the base in Virginia with the 2 lighthouses just north of Virginia Beach come to mind. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more open bases than secured fenced in bases located in the US.

10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

This story has gotten way more attention than it deserves. The 6 supposed "terrorists" were idiots. They were caught because they went to a photo store to transfer a training video to DVD. Is this the kind of people we're supposed to be afraid of? People like Cho scare me a whole heck of a lot more than this.

11. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ozyran @ May 8 2007, 02:56 PM) [snapback]437804[/snapback]</div>
    Since when has Microsoft been in charge of writing base security policy? :eek:

Coming soon to a military base near you:

Jihad Burgers and Beer.
    PITA Veggi Buritos.
    Cindy Sheehan's Home Cookin' and Support Group.
    Code Pink Pizza.

. . . and don't worry about our delivery people . . . we personally did their background checks . . . and they are all very committed to their <strike>jobs</strike> missions.

12. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ May 8 2007, 09:25 PM) [snapback]437941[/snapback]</div>
    No way! We need to spend at least a trillion dollars to fight people like this. (Let me just check my Haliburton shares - yes, up again)

13. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ May 8 2007, 06:25 PM) [snapback]437941[/snapback]</div>
    I agree. This is totally being blown out of proportion for political purposes by an administration that is desperate for some tangible results in its war on terror. All we have is a bunch of ne'er do wells who in 17 months could not have even gotten hold of the necessary weapons to carry out their conspiracy. Al Qaeda they are not.

14. jared2

jared2 New Member

Right. The neo-cons are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel this time. What's next, rounding up everyone with an "Impeach Bush" sticker?

15. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Of course, I wonder how many defeated potential threats never expressed themselves through the media for security reasons....

Oh wait, that can't possibly be the case can it?

16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ May 9 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]438328[/snapback]</div>
    Uh-oh.

17. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ May 9 2007, 12:58 PM) [snapback]438328[/snapback]</div>
    Why not? When it would make the world a better place.

;)

18. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 9 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]438333[/snapback]</div>
    Oh brother! Since when has this administration cared about security when they can break a news story to try to make themselves look good (or try to make somebody else look bad)? Witness the Valerie Plame leak.

19. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 9 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]438333[/snapback]</div>
    I knew it. You just can't resist the temptation to come back and post on PriusChat.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ May 4 2007, 07:32 AM) [snapback]435410[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 4 2007, 09:38 AM) [snapback]435474[/snapback]</div>
    [/b][/quote]

20. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 9 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]438333[/snapback]</div>
    Right. It's much better to publically announce to the world how these wannabe's got tripped up (thereby assuring that future wannabe's will NOT make the same mistake again, regardless if they also have the cumulative IQ's of a large soapdish - good job on that one). When this administration can flaunt a "win", they take it and run with it, damn the security aspect...