1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

forum Photo question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by harper42, Sep 4, 2006.

1. harper42

harper42 Member

I've tried using a photo I took and saved as a JPEG, but it's too large for my forum photo. How should I save a digital pic. so that I can use it?

2. harper42

harper42 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dulcimer @ Sep 4 2006, 08:00 AM) [snapback]313968[/snapback]</div>
    Cancel question. I figured it out on my own, just as I have with everything else I know or don't know about computers

3. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dulcimer @ Sep 4 2006, 10:00 AM) [snapback]313968[/snapback]</div>
    One of the best programs for reducing photos to a minimal size is WebGraphics Optimizer. It can be found at:
    http://www.webopt.com/
    Basically, this program will take a graphic and give up to 5 different outputs of different size. It is then only a matter of choosing the smallest one that looks OK.

4. fphinney

fphinney Member

PHOTO RESIZER -

If you want a free, reliable resizer, why not use Microsoft's? Go to:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

After you install it, you CANNOT find it! However - - when you right-click on any picture, you'll see a new option: "Resize Pictures." There are 4 main sizes available. You can also choose a custom size, if necessary.

It really is a no fuss picture resizer!!

5. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    depends on what you mean my too large... if the dimensions are too large, you need to resize it using a tool (there are many available online for free, and many that are expensive but come with a ton of other features. Personally, i always use Adobe's Photoshop, but i get that for free from school). Additionally, you can try saving it in a different format. JPEG's are fairly large and also have a lossy compression algorithm. Depending on the type of image (background, etc) you could get some huge improvements with other types... here at work we generate some images for our website, and recently changed them over to PNG format from JPEG, saving us about 75% in size.

6. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :unsure: Danny has had many issues since the PriusChat was hacked. I'm confident he's aware of the "add photo" issue. You can go through the steps, but will get this error message:

The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error.

Hopefully, he'll get it back up before long.

7. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Oct 3 2006, 12:36 PM) [snapback]327341[/snapback]</div>
    In the interim I would just post photos at www.imageshack.us Free hosting and it will resize the photo to your wish. Just hyperlink the URL and you're good to go.