1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Forum Twilight Zone issues

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by rufaro, May 26, 2006.

1. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello--I just registered for PriusChat earlier today, and now I'm surfing around the individual forums (fora?)--I keep coming across replies that include MY screen name, and dated well before today, like, "If you do things this way, Rufaro, you will never need to use gasoline again," (or something like that...). Most disturbing is where the replacement is not JUST my name, but whole replies that are replaced with:

"Rufaro, please click this link ASAP and update your location and car model:

http://priuschat.com/edit-profile-info.html

Location and Car Model are now REQUIRED fields so that we won't have to guess anymore where you are or where you're talking about.

Even if you have filled in your location in the past, you need to do it again in the NEW field. The old field will be taken down in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

Danny"

Is it just me, or what? Are you all conspiring to keep me out? Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean you are NOT all out to get me!

Thanks if you can help me, if not, well, my husband and son can turn my new Prius into a padded cell for me to live in...

ARRRGGGHHH
    Rufaro :blink:

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's the you tag, which causes the forum code to substitute the user's name when displaying. We all see our own names when displaying items with this tag.

Tom

3. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ May 26 2006, 04:15 AM) [snapback]261243[/snapback]</div>
    Ah, thank you, and here I was thinking someone had a functioning time travel machine and sussed out my intentions months before I found this site! And here I am, having worked with computer programmers and being married to one, it never occured to me that a tag would put MY name instead of the person to whom the original reply was addressed...I'll have to work on this!