1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Found a Local PC3; decent price?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by megaoptimus, Nov 10, 2012.

1. megaoptimus

megaoptimus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    TL;DR Do you guys think is a decent deal? PC3 I found at a local "small town" dealer
    I'm thinking of offering them $19750 for the PC3 given the mileage and that I can get a PC2 for about the same price brand new.

I have seen the car and driven it for about 10 miles or so. Everything seems to be in excellent order save for the high mileage for such a young vehicle; 15k+ so far since it was purchased in April. I think the car is fairly priced already but I would prefer the final OTD price to be $19,500ish. I would have taken it when I saw it if they were more reasonable on their trade in offer and I can't understand why some dealers are so uneasy about giving me more in trade. Judging from the call I had with the sales guy yesterday; I think he is playing the waiting game thinking impatience will over ride judgement. If need be, I'll send an email to him and the sales manager that was working the numbers the other evening I went to see the car.

I have placed a refundable deposit so they will hold the car over the weekend. I need more time to think and more time to try to get as much as I can in trade or private for my 2013 Velostor. They (the pc3 dealer) wanted to give me 15k; another dealer offered me 17k in trade if I purchased a used CRZ from them. I have a third dealer (found out from a friend in the industry, he's acting as my agent) that wants my V for his lot but I have yet to hear from him with an offer. I know what the V goes for both privately and in used retail; I don't think my not settling for anything less than 16500 is unreasonable.

I'd prefer a direct trade for the PC3 since that will save me a lot on sales tax. My final option is to accept the third offer and return to the lost glory of an excellently kept and modified 2000 Honda insight w/ 88k miles on it. However, I'll have to dish out 10-11k for the insight; that is a fair chunk of change for a 12 year old car. The private market value for those cars is insane but worth it if you can find a good one and can keep it going for a while.

If I can get them to drop the price of the PC3 and give me around 16200 in trade, I'll take it. Especially considering I can get a 48-60 month loan at 1.49% interest from PSECU. Most of my driving consists of less than 12k a year with a 25 mile round trip to work mostly in town with the longest stretch from town to town at around 48-55 mph. No daily highway driving unless I choose to do so for some reason outside of normal routine. I think I can make the PC3 worth my while, especially at $19500ish since I plan to keep it well beyond the loan term. For me to change my mind, Honda would have to rebirth the original insight with the crazy efficiency of the original; not likely to happen.

Thoughts, constructive criticism, dope slaps for selling my insight; all are welcomed :)

2. megaoptimus

megaoptimus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Anybody? Added a TLDR at the top; I know I wrote a wall there.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm afraid this is all too complicated for my puny brain. :) keep in mind, it's a game between selling price and trade in on your vehicle. i can't tell you if it's a good deal, but i wish you all the best!

4. Yuval Legendtofski

Yuval Legendtofski Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I"m in Australia, and just traded in my 2003 Focus LX for a demo-model PriusC, ended up costing me $18,500 drive away...The Prius C is about 5-6K cheaper in the US than Australia though, so I'm happy at my price!

5. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    That certainly is a decent price. Did you get the i-tech or original flavour?

Welcome to PriusChat by the way. :)

6. Yuval Legendtofski

Yuval Legendtofski Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    It's the standard Prius C, not the I-tech, i-tech would have been about 2.5K more..