1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Found this on Hybridcars.com...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Rhizzlebop, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Rhizzlebop

Rhizzlebop Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    South Carolina Sales Tax Credit

Consumers buying hybrid vehicles are provided a state tax credit equal to 20 percent of the federal tax credit scheduled to begin in tax year 2006.
    The South Carolina Energy Freedom and Rural Development Act provides a sales tax rebate for the purchase or lease of fuel efficient vehicles beginning after June 30, 2008 and ending before June 30, 2013. It provides $300 for the in-state purchase of a hybrid vehicle, an electric vehicle, a plug-in hybrid vehicle, flex-fuel vehicle (FFV) capable of operating on E85, or a vehicle with an EPA city fuel economy rating of 30 mpg or higher. Up to $500 is allowed for the purchase of equipment for conversion of a conventional hybrid electric vehicle to a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle. For taxable years 2007-2010, it allows a $2,000 tax credit against the income tax imposed for the in-state purchase or lease of a plug-in hybrid vehicle.
    ----------------------------------------
    They had something for almost every state under the incentives tab. I don't really understand what they are offering here. Notice the heading says sales tax incentive, but it looks like while the federal income tax credit was offered, they offered 20% more from the state on top of it. Im guessing since the federal one expired that the state one is now zero. I think that heading is confusing sales tax and income tax credit.

Also, the second part talks about a 300 rebate. I know the sales tax paid at the dealer on a new carr is 300 in sc. So looks like you get that refunded back to you if you purchase in state. Thats a decent little something if I'm reading that right.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's pretty sweet, i wish mass were that progressive.