1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

fred from nashville checks in from prius c forum because....

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by fgp, Jul 4, 2012.

1. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    well, folks this is my first post in the regular prius forum for quite a while. i just traded in my prius c which ive had since march for a prius II (been so long i hope i have the designation right).
    here is my capsule summation of the c. great little car. room enough for my bicycle after you remove front wheel. corners very well. much stiffer ride. very sluggish acceleration except in town traffic. great gas mileage (duh). however, not much different from the regular prius. seats fairly comfy AFTER break in. very choppy over bumps. not very quiet. as i told my friends on the c forum, its like the c isnt quite ready for primetime. however, as i told them, i expect the next generation will smoothe out the rough edges just as has been done on the regular prius
    so... fred from nashville is reporting in with a 2012 prius model II. as i was picking the car up, i went to the parts deprtment and got center caps for the wheels. with the sales guys and customers looking curiouslly on i popped the hubcaps off, put in the center caps improved the looks (in just my opiinon) by quite a bit.
    you should be hearing from me off and on. i hate to say good bye to my c friends but herre i am. back in the fold
    my new prius which ive named the phantom, is all black. it seems absolutely huge compared to my c. it rides sooooooo much smoother. is much quieter. and feels much peppier. it also, seems like it will stay in the ev mode longer and easier. the seat are luxurious compared to my c.
    fred from nashville IMG_0085.JPG

2. alekska

alekska Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Congratulations!
    Why black? Will be so hot in summer...
    - Alex

3. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    black is beautiful, my friend. besides, it hardly ever gets over 105 here

4. alekska

alekska Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    105 is hot for me :). Did it come with black rims or you painted them? Black rims are nice, I agree.
    Thanks,
    - Alex

5. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I remember your bicycle picture. :) i suspect that there are more mods for the hatchback too.
    looks like you got a free chrome lower body molding (~$100).

6. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    just pop the uglyass wheelcovers off and there they are. used to be silver a couple of years ago. i like it a lot with the balck car. thus " the phantom"

7. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    i was wondering about that. car was 2380/ i think a good deal. at least good enough for me to jump/