1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Free alignment

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ekc, Oct 18, 2005.

1. ekc

ekc New Member

I heard that you can get a free alignment during the first 12,000 miles or 12 months. I'm going to have my twelve months on Nov. 5th. Is this true, and if so, is it written somewhere that I can point out to my dealer.

Also, is it a good idea to get it if it's available even if you don't notice any problems?

Thank you.

2. Sid

Sid New Member

I got a free alignment from my dealer, but it was within several days of taking delivery (the car needed it).
    If there is a time or mileage limit on the free alignment, I would have it checked/done before it's too late.

3. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Officially it is a warrante issue. My dealer wrote it up as uneven wear on the tires. In fact they did find a wheel out of alignment.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    the shipping tie-downs can knock the car out of alignment, which is why it's warranted. if it's free and you have the time, why not?

dealers will know this. and unless they're trying to screw you over, won't have a problem with it. if they are, go to another dealer. they're not worth working with anyway.

5. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

yes, and ask for a slight toe-in of the front wheels, not the zero setting that is (by the book) acceptable. It will track better on the freeway. Also, make sure readings are close side-to-side for all measurements. Get a printout of the alignment readings, before and after.

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Can you post what the "Ideal" alignment is? I remember several months ago seeing a chart, but I can't find it. Isn't the back-end supposed to be aligned too?

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i forget which components of the rear alignment can be adjusted, if any. all i know is some parameters in the rear can't be adjusted...