1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Free" Copies of The Prius That Shook The World--m

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Jun 23, 2005.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Plagerized from the 2G group, no promise that it will work or when they'll run out or anything. I haven't tried it as I have a copy and I don't think it would be right to hoard them.

But, for those of you familiar with the book documenting the history if the development of the 'real' 1st Generation Prius this is a very rare book. It's extremely difficult to find. If they really still have free copies available (you do have to pay shipping) you should get your hands on it now.

The info:
    To get your own copy of "The Prius that shook the World", call Toyota
    MDC at 1-800-622-2033. Ask for publication number 00606-PRIUS-BOOK.
    The cost of the book is $0.00 and shipping is $5.95. I am told they
    have "a lot" of copies in stock.

jgilliam1955 likes this.
  2. ehaltmeier

ehaltmeier New Member

Re: "Free" Copies of The Prius That Shook The Worl

You are correct! I just called and ordered my copy...only $5.95, for shipping costs. They told me I should have it within 7-10 days! I'll be looking forthat one in the mail. Thanks for the tip!

P.S. I'm nearing the end of my 1st ever tank of gas in my brand new Tideland Pearl pkg4, and averaging 49.4 mpg according to the computer. We'll see how it shapes up when I fill up.

Eric

3. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I tell you, I'm really excited that many people might be able to get and read this book. I think it will stir some interesting discussion about the origins of Prius, where we are today, and where we're going. It's been a little weird being one of only a few people who've read it as it's hard to share that foundation of information unless others can read it too.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep! They have "plenty" available. Shipping to Canada costs $23 (or lower) for 4 business days, $29 for 2 business days.

Thanks Evan!

5. prius04

prius04 New Member

Thanks Evan.

It's 5 PM Eastern time and I just ordered one.

6. PhilCase

PhilCase New Member

Thanks Evan,

Ordered my copy this morning and marked yet one more item off my to-do list:

[strike:b5a90ea0bc]Talk Evan into lending me his copy of "The Prius that Shook the World"[/strike:b5a90ea0bc] :wink:

Phil

7. Ray Moore

Ray Moore Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thanks Evan! You Da Man!

8. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

Thanks from me too. Ordered mine yesterday. Now I don't have to spend time searching for this book anymore.

9. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ordered mine this morning as well (but got it shipped to my dad's place in washington state to save cross-border shipping) :p

Dave

10. macreative

macreative New Member

Thanks Evan for the information on the Prius book! I called the 800 # and they told me that since I was so close to the "Dealer Distributor" which is what that 800# calls...., they told me to come pick it up, so I went.
    I didn't have to pay the shipping since I picked it up. So if you are in the L.A. area, they are located in Compton on Wilmington Ave and Victoria Street

This is an actual book with a picture of the last gen Prius on the cover, by Hideshi Itazaki - looks fascinating and I can't wait to finish it!

Thanks again Evan for the info,
    -Rob

11. eric03820

eric03820 New Member

Thanks Evan,

I just ordered a copy (3PM EST) and they said it would ship Monday. Eric.

12. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks Evan! Just ordered mine.

Will make some very nice summer reading!

13. Steve Zettel

Steve Zettel New Member

Thanks very much, Evan. I just ordered my copy (1345 MDT).

Must be having a run on these -- as soon as I said I was interested in ordering a book, the nice lady on the phone asked, "This would be the Prius book?"

Looking forward to getting it!

Steve Zettel
    near Libby, MT USA

14. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Gee, nearly forgot! Just ordered mine. Sounds like they are getting a flood of orders, the lady that took my order knew exactly what I was talking about.

15. RBW111

RBW111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks Evan. Just ordered a copy for myself. I would never have known about this book. Thanks to Evan and PriusChat.

16. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm so glad people are ordering this. And although I appreciate the thanks this is not my doing or discovery. "J" over at Prius 2G gets credit for the 'discovery'--I'm just sharing the info.

I can't wait to see the barrage of discussion the reading of the book this will stir.

I'm also suprised that Toyota doesn't have some means of making it known that they have publications such as this. I've known about the existance of the book for well over a year, it took me weeks to find a copy (via Toyota Press relations just for asking (they paid shipping via FedEx even)). I'd contacted rare book dealers across the country, asked knowledgable book people, had enquires from those same dealers wanting to know more about it, etc. And all along Toyota's had a stash they're willing to just give away for the asking! Odd.

17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

I ordered a copy. The customer service rep was well acquinted with the book, as it appears to be in great demand these past couple of days.

18. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    odd? a great way to spread the word with specific facts and figures. Toyota must realize that the only ones interested in such a book would be enthusiasts either trying to talk someone else into purchasing one or someone who is interested in purchasing a Prius and wants to go the extra mile in the research area.

as usual. another smart move by Toyota

ps... not open on weekends...just tried...bummer...that will delay the arrival by two more days. anyone willing to post some teasers from their copy?

19. bookrats

bookrats New Member

The woman I ordered it from was very familiar with the book. I started reading her the order number, and she said, "Oh! The Prius book!"

The next person who orders might explain to her that it's being caused by Internet word-of-mouth -- she sounded a bit puzzled by where this rush of orders was coming from.

20. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A