1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Free parking in LA to continue?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Kablooie, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The current free parking plan started Oct. 1 last year and was planned for 6 months. That would be about now.

Does anyone know the current status of the parking program?

The original press release is here:

http://www.lacity.org/mayor/oldpresss/mayo...55_09282004.pdf

2. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE

Please check out the "Free parking" in LA City may cost $35!" thread in Prius and Hybrid news as I am trying to keep folks updated as I get info.

I spoke to people in the Mayor's office, Councilman Garcetti's office and the man in charge of adminstering the program for LADOT and all said that at this time the program is being extended for "at least two more months" to allow the DOT to get all the data together to report on the success or lack there of, of the program.

Nothing official has come out about the extension as far as I know. However, whatever I hear or get I will attach to the aforementioned thread and will probably publish independently as well.

Take care,

Tisza

3. alicesantamonica

alicesantamonica Junior Member

Thanks Tisza for the update on the Hybrid Parking Program for LA. The link to the map of LA on your other thread was very helpful too. Maybe you should manage the people over at the LADOT, Mayor’s office etc. so we’d all know what was going on.