1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Free tire change deal.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by FishHawk, Feb 6, 2009.

1. FishHawk

FishHawk New Member

I get free tire rotation and alignment with the tires that I bought but it turns out to be a plan to get me back in the shop to try and sell me service . I was told that I needed a new air filter and after inspecting it myself it turned out to be fine. I was also told that my 42 /40 inflation might ware out the tires too soon. And so it goes in this tight economy, clever ways to get customers in for services that you don't really need.
    FishHawk

2. CharlesJ

CharlesJ Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

But, of course.;) How else will they get rich quick.:D and, they count on the gullible public, not the better informed ones.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Avoid the bother: don't rotate the tires. It's safer to leave the better tires on the rear wheels, which happens naturally as they wear. Replace the front two as needed by moving the old rear pair to the front.

4. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I avoid dealer visits at all times. Nothing is free, just getting you in the door is an excuse to find things to charge you for. If you're at all able, most service is completely DIY. Rotating tires is good excercize, and helps with the "Bonding" process. So many people on this site take the time to "name" their car, then just drop off their "baby" to any dealer, and pay whatever the dealer feels like charging them for unneeded services. Would you treat your baby like that? One dealer visit in 76,000 miles (Inverter coolant pump replaced on warranty) is enough for me!