1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fremont, CA Toyota:Toxic Experience.

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Ex986Driver, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Ex986Driver

Ex986Driver New Member

Howdy All,

The short version: These are not quite but very close to the worst sales people I have ever dealt with. Avoid buying from here.

The long version: Sales people seem to have no knowledge of the cars features. I ordered from them anyway. Called today for status after waiting patiently for a car for 4 months and having no contact from them or Toyota. They said it was in today but they couldn't get ahold of me because of lost paperwork. I went to pick up the car, they wanted $250 more than the agreed on price. it was supposedly for floor mats and a bumper applique(Ugly sticker on back bumper). After some thought(I am out of work, kinda watching my money) I said I would take the car if they took out the $180 floor mats. They refused, they said I had to take the car as it was stickered. I explained to them that it was not the options I ordered or the final price that we had written signed agreement on. They said every car ordered from that dealership has the bumper applique and floor mats. They didn't have reason it was not included in the quoted original price. Suddenly this wasn't the car I ordered, it was someone elses that they were nice enough to let me have. They told me if I wanted one with my options I would have to wait at least another month. They went on to lie to me about how they were trying to get a hold of me before about the price, but didn't have my contact info because the sales manger left and probably took my paperwork with him(I called earlier and asked for him, the receptionist people seem to think he's just not in the office today) and a couple of other excuses. They said it was really my fault for not calling them in the last few months to check up on the order status. I told them that I if I was going to wait another month or longer, I might as well wait another 3-4 and give my money to another dealer and I took my refunded,"non-refundable" $1000 deposit and left. Buy here at your own risk.

2. ny888

ny888 New Member

I recently cancelled my order at Fremont. They took a $500 deposit from me promising it won't be cashed until my car is delivered.

That lasted all of 2 weeks when my check was cashed and I was overdrawn costing me $22 in overdraft fees.

It took me another 4 weeks to get my money back including the $22 fee.

Lie to me once and you'll lose my business forever.