1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

French Surrender to a Virus

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Sep 15, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The news story below is but the tip of this iceberg. Following in their footsteps in WWII, the French have abandoned Paris without firing a single shot - thus marking the second time in man's history that a people have not fired a single shot in defense of their national capital. A rabies panic has induced mass flight and hysteria in Paris. The french army has laid down its never used 40 year old weapons again. This time they could not even see the whites of their eyes - thus preserving whatever pride the French still might have. An urgent session of the UN has been called to broker a cease-fire and send aid and medical supplies including air-conditioners and toothpaste. There is some confusion in the UN as to who is going to take the place of the French in terms of receiving bribes, and sending arms and nuclear technology to third world countries. Also, there is an active search underway on an urgent basis to find new leadership in the "anti-America" groups that France used to lead. Rumors a flying about concerning French resistance groups - but as of yet there is yet verification of a single frenchman willing to fight for his country. There are however multiple groups of French people willing to negotiate surrender terms for Paris.

As a sidebar, it is believed that the French were importing these apes in an attempt to find life forms that where able to be trained to serve in its armed forces. For the past half-century France has been saddled with an inability to meet its recruitment needs for all branches of its armed forces. They found in preliminary studies the apes were more likely not to run under fire or even from threat of gunfire, were more capable in hand-to-hand combat, and less likely to disclose secrets when captured. They were even able to identify friend from foe - something the average french soldier/citizen has had trouble with for centuries.

PARIS (Reuters) - An ape found near Paris might have died of rabies and anyone who has recently been bitten or scratched by a monkey in the region should seek medical care, health authorities said on Friday.

The sick Barbary ape was abandoned near a vet's clinic in the southeastern suburbs of Paris earlier this week. It died shortly afterwards and initial tests suggested it had been suffering from rabies or Simian herpes.

Further tests are underway, but as a precautionary measure the health ministry issued a statement warning of the risks.

Although it is illegal to own Barbary apes as pets, authorities believe that many of the animals are illegally smuggled into France from Morocco and Algeria and are seen as the ultimate furry status symbol in the tough Paris suburbs.

Cuddly as babies, Barbary apes rapidly grow into strong, aggressive adults with powerful teeth and claws.

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sure there are special forums for people like you. Might I suggest Free Republic, Little Green Footballs, or similar? Then maybe we could see if you have anything remotely relevant to the Prius in that remaining 13%.

3. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Man, you have got to get that xenophobia treated.

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KMO @ Sep 15 2006, 09:11 AM) [snapback]320001[/snapback]</div>
    No sense of humor - especially on a friday? I though FHOP was for topics like this. I am sorry that I am taking up space from your primary objective on this BB - you could have always not clicked on the topic knowing what it involved - even better - you could not have added to what you term an inappropriate use of space on this BB by not responding... If I had a real good sense of humor I would ask if you were French (notice the past-tense :)

Have a nice weekend. Relax. Enjoy life. Smile.

5. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

I guess it's easy to sit back and be an arm-chair quarterback and take cheap shots at the hard working French military from the comfy seat pulled up to your keyboard.

I'll have you know the mighty French army is currently engaged in an important mission in southern Lebonon. When the rest of the world is reluctant to send their soldiers in as a stabilizing force, the French have committed 96% of their entire military troop force to the effort. Last I heard, it was almost up to 200 of them.

The other 8 guys in their armed forces were to drunk to go. :p :D

6. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    If you actually think that was funny, I suggest you consult your nearest mental health practicioner.

7. HappyPig

HappyPig Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Paranoia about germs is not limited to one's country. Perhaps you've heard of the US's fetish with antibacterial soaps, toys, toothpastes, mattresses, sponges, dog collars, etc.

Tangentally, is there any way to remove topics from the House of Pancakes in the RSS feed for priuschat.com?

8. glenhead

glenhead New Member

Aw, c'mon - it's called "satire". Jeez, lighten up - if this was about Bush, you'd think it was a riot.

9. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(glenhead @ Sep 15 2006, 10:48 AM) [snapback]320066[/snapback]</div>
    The French, although they would never publicly admit it, have instituted a 5 level security level system, similar to the one used in the United States.

Level 5 minimum - Pay no attention and maybe it will go away

Level 4 moderate - RUN!

Level 3 Serius - Hide

Level 2 Urgent - Surrender

Level 1 Desperate - Collabarate

The color scheme is simple - They are all yellow :(

10. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HappyPig @ Sep 15 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]320052[/snapback]</div>
    I guess that fetish has provided us with longevity and bright white teeth - and perhaps world class medicine.
    The best way to remove things is for you to just ignore it instead of censoring it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Sep 15 2006, 09:12 AM) [snapback]320003[/snapback]</div>
    Why?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Sep 15 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]320005[/snapback]</div>
    The moment they hit the beaches - Hezbollah laughed. I dont think the French could beat Hezbollah.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KMO @ Sep 15 2006, 09:21 AM) [snapback]320008[/snapback]</div>
    I would but he's French - he ran too :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Sep 15 2006, 11:25 AM) [snapback]320090[/snapback]</div>
    Same system they used in WWII

11. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 15 2006, 11:43 AM) [snapback]320102[/snapback]</div>
    Not so!

The earlier WWII system was only two steps.

Surrender!

Collabarate!

12. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Sep 15 2006, 11:49 AM) [snapback]320114[/snapback]</div>
    Your forgot one:
    Sanction anti-Semetism

13. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What is with you, Berman? Are the French now the flavour of the month to slander? I'm no psychiatrist, but you have some serious issues. Be miserable if you prefer, but don't take it out on the rest of the world. Take a break - go camping, walk on the beach, smoke a joint, get laid - whatever it takes to help you feel positive again. You're dragging down the whole site, and it's not pretty.

14. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Sep 15 2006, 03:10 PM) [snapback]320223[/snapback]</div>
    Sage advice, indeed. (Blushing a teensy bit over the 'get laid' part, though.)
    [smile]

15. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Sep 15 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]320223[/snapback]</div>
    I'm with Hyo! [attachmentid=5018]

16. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Sep 15 2006, 11:25 AM) [snapback]320090[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, I think the entire quote is:

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats, and have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940, when tea supplies all but ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to a "Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was during the great fire of 1666.

In addition, the French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Surrender" and "Collaborate." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France’s white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country’s military capability.

It’s not only the English and French that are on a heightened level of alert. Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbor" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual, and the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

17. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    uh... they don't have rabies vaccine in france?

if you're not vaccinated, you're pretty damn smart to run away from a killer virus. leave it to someone uh... else... to send troops marching right on in without proper equipment ;)

18. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Now, that last effort from Tempus managed to be actually funny, rather than offensive. Even the French bit. Nice one. :lol: