1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Frequency of maintenance

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by i3akachan, Jun 11, 2009.

1. i3akachan

i3akachan i love my new prius:)

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm debating whether to get the discounted prepaid maintenance from Warrantyshack...

I have a friend who has a 2004 Gen2 Prius, and he says that he only does maintenance every 30,000 miles instead of the recommended 15,000, and he has never had any problems. He also buys synthetic oil and gets it changed every 7,500 miles.

So I'm wondering if it's overkill to do all of the recommended major maintenances. If I should do them all, then I think the discounted prepaid maintenance deal is a pretty good deal.

My friend says that unless I got a lemon, Toyotas are just great and don't have many problems at all. I used to have a VW Jetta, which is a totally different story....

Any suggestions?? :confused:

THANKS!!

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't waste your money on pre-paid maintainence.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Prepaid maintence is designed to seperate the gullible from their money. Basically all that's needed are oil & filter changes. Save your money & pay for the oil change when you have the oil changed.