1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fresh Air/Recirculate Default

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by marvams, Jul 2, 2007.

1. marvams

marvams New Member

:( I have a 2006 Prius..... I'd like to change my default setting for the "Fresh Air/ Recirculation Default" to Fresh Air. Does anyone know how to do this? It always comes up in Recirc mode.

2. jiepsie

jiepsie New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marvams @ Jul 2 2007, 09:24 PM) [snapback]471672[/snapback]</div>
    It must be very hot over there. Mine only starts in Recirc when it's hot, so the A/C can cool it more quickly. It does stay in Recirc for a very long time though, too long for me.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If you run your air conditioner with the A/C Auto setting, the Prius will optimally switch between recirculation and outside air. Keep in mind that even when it is using the recirculation setting, it is still pulling in some outside air. The air conditioner system on the Prius is very sophisticated, and most complaints come from users trying to out-guess the automatic system.

Tom

4. christob

christob Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought I read in the manual that if you activate "Auto" AC, it is by default, on recirc. But if you manually turn on AC (via the AC button, not "Auto), and specify Fresh, it will remember that the next time you turn on AC? Now, I'll have to try it on the drive home... haven't used AC more than once or twice yet, since getting the car!

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChristoB @ Jul 2 2007, 03:33 PM) [snapback]471682[/snapback]</div>
    And either mode is just a button push away on the steering wheel.

Tom