1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fresh install of headunit/V1/phone/scanguage

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by octomobiki, Mar 19, 2011.

1. octomobiki

octomobiki New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well, I decided today to take a few things into my hands. I like the outcome! It was definitely easier than I thought to route cabling and take apart the headunit area... I took a few pics and will field any questions I can if anyone has any. Used a couple different threads here for reference, they gave me some confidence to tackle it myself.

https://picasaweb.google.com/octomo...authkey=Gv1sRgCPmjvcqxxaHZ4gE&feat=directlink

2. octomobiki

octomobiki New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Follow up post - anyone know offhand if there is built in time-adjustment in the JBL amp? the second I go to change the timing of the speakers for the car it starts to sound REALLY strange and far away.

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Good job. I probably wouldn't have done mine if it were not for all the help and expertise on this site.

Don't have the JBL system so no info there.

4. octomobiki

octomobiki New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four

I posted a private video on youtube with some video of the install area. I took out the original JBL amp and am putting in a JLaudio amp in its place. If you have any questions lets me know (or if you want a closer shot of something before I put it away).

Video is still processing, so quality will get better when youtube servers finish.

1 person likes this.