1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Friends from Prius on line here?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Joekingiam, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Joekingiam

Joekingiam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey,
    Just curious who all is here from Prius on line since spam took over that sight?
    By the way my engine light came back on after a week on my 01, does anybody know where to get a the best price on the o2 sensor post convertor?
    Joe:welcome:

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm here. It's a shame that no one is monitoring POL anymore.

3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I went on PriusOnline last night to see whats up. I could not believe the amount of SPAM. What a way to screw up a board. Thankfully that has not gotten a foothold over here.

They really should approve a bounty on the ears of spammers.

All you escapies who made it over here, welcome, and enjoy a little less SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, Eggs, and Spam, over here please!!

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm a long time POLer, and was glad to have it as a backup, but it seems that interest there has waned and I haven't frequented it in several months. Unfortunately that forum never got strong moderation to keep things in check and there have been issues with trolls, and now spam...it's a shame.

That said, we really welcome those who've migrated over and look forward to some fresh input. I know there was a smaller cozy feel to POL, but I think with time and judicious use of the tools available here you'll be able to find the information and threads you're interested in and delete the rest pretty quickly.

5. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey Doc or other longtime users, does anybody know what happened to DanTheMan? He used to be on here alot then, I guess, moved to POL, but haven't seen him on in a long time.

6. firepa63

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Dan doesn't have a Prius anymore. He was in an accident some time ago and his Prius was totaled. He couldn't afford another Prius at that time, so he just faded away ... too bad. He was one of the best for technical advice.

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    +1, I tried reaching him by e-mail a couple times without success.

8. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

I knew he had some health issues, but I hadn't heard of his accident. Real sad, he was always a gentleman and a scholar on POL. I learned a lot from his posts.

9. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes I'm sorry to hear about his accident also:-(

10. firepa63

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    His accident was March 2008. It was a head-on. Dan was OK, but the Prius was heavily damaged. He posted pictures of it on POL.