1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

From Near Death to Living in a Prius

Discussion in 'Living Life in a Prius' started by Hybrid Hobo, Jun 14, 2024.

1. Hybrid Hobo

Hybrid Hobo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This community has been VERY helpful over the past 2 years, whenever I’ve had issues with my Prius - which thankfully, haven’t been too often or significant. Nonetheless…

I enjoy keeping y’all updated on my journey. In September of 2020 I required a specialized mini crane to be lifted in & out of bed due to a major stroke, and I couldn’t walk anymore or use my entire right side.

After going through rigorous physical rehabilitation, I decided to make massive life changes. With adventure and living each day to the fullest top of mind, I moved into my Gen 2 in April of 2022, and haven’t looked back since.

Everything isn’t magically perfect now, there are still great challenges I face each day. But I am fully independent again, and most importantly, ALIVE.

Making a car into a home isn’t for everybody, though I know that there are many fellow nomads (even aspiring) out there.

If this kind of kooky stuff floats your boat, you can follow my adventures here: http://www.youtube.com/@carcampingdude6406

Your health is your wealth. Invest in it wisely, and safeguard it to ensure many, many years of future returns (y)

Mendel Leisk, PriusCamper and bisco like this.
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Grateful for you! Just subscribed to your channel and look forward to more videos... Hope you take us on some travels to interesting places and you build enough of a following to afford a larger camper!

Hybrid Hobo likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Subscribed. You look nothing like your avatar lol.

Hybrid Hobo and PriusCamper like this.
  4. Hybrid Hobo

Hybrid Hobo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Interestingly, once you get used to living in a car, you realize that one doesn't need much to survive...especially all of the wasteful gadgets & extravagances that so many people enslave themselves over.

I have a refrigerator, a comfortable bed, dependable transportation, cheap heat & a/c, I power all of my electronic devices, and a shower can be had at a gym or truck stop any time I'd like. Plus...

I have FREE RENT!

What more does a person need?

So, while a truck camper would be nice, I'm more than content living in a car :)

Thanks for your help on here, and for subbing (y)

5. Hybrid Hobo

Hybrid Hobo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've gotten that before lol. However, there's a specific reason that I chose that avatar.

Prior to my stroke I was an avid metal detectorist. Or as I sometimes joke, a hopelessly addicted treasure hunter. Of course, I can't enjoy that anymore as my walking isn't the best, but I had a good run and made great friends & memories over the years. Also found a bunch of amazing history in the ground.

So, that avatar is of the late, great Walter Huston, in one of the finest movies ever made, Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

Appreciate your subbing, as well as your help on here (y)

Mendel Leisk likes this.