1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front bumper cam? (2023 XLE AWD)

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Cruzctrl1, Jun 8, 2024.

1. Cruzctrl1

Cruzctrl1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Anyone installed a front bumper cam (wired, wireless (solar powered, rechargeable))?

I have had my car since November 2023 and fortunately up to this point haven't ran into any curbs with the frontend yet, but being the OCD type I am, I would love to have vision of the area right in front of the car (I know, I should have bought the LTD with the 360 cams but I took what I could get after waiting for what felt like an eternity).

I have researched a bunch of solutions available on Amazon and currently I am thinking along the lines of a wireless unit that would mount to the front license plate area but would much rather not have a piece of electronics so accessible to theft.

I'm competent enough to run power from the under hood area for a unit needing power but I do not want to run a video feed through the firewall for a monitor.

All help is appreciated

2. Will B

Will B Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    This is something I'd like too. Same backstory, BTW! :) I wanted that package but wanted a car sooner more! Not regretting that call still. I get paranoid on sharp right turns where I can't see the curb.

Will