1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front bumper - can't believe it!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jceh1, Jan 27, 2006.

1. jceh1

jceh1 Junior Member

I just picked up my 2006 Prius yesterday, and I am now another victim of tire tread damage. Can't believe it, but I struck a huge piece of truck tire on the highway. Unfortunately, there was a car to the left, tractor-trailer to the right, and a mini-van to the rear. When I saw it in the road I did all I could to slow down and avoid it as much as I could in the space I had, but my luck it was pretty much across my lane and it clipped the left front bumper and cracked it in several places on the left side. Doesn't look like any damgae beyond the bumper.
    Does anyone know if you can order the bumper already painted? or are they molded with the color already in? Have to call the dealer on Monday and get an estimate. Just thought someone here might know.

Thanks

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

bumpers come unpainted and get installed and painted to match the car. They should be aviailable on the reconditioned market by now. Possibly not for a 2k6 as I'm not sure if there is a major difference in the basic bumper.

3. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Ouch!

Just watch your colors if you go reconditioned; the 06's are a different silver.

4. deh2k

deh2k New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I had the plastic part of my rear bumper replaced a while ago as a consequence of a partking lot incident. It cost $500, mostly from the labor required to paint it, etc.. It's a shame they don't come pre-painted, in which case I could have just bought one and put it on myself.