1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front bumper gap

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by sp410, Oct 16, 2017.

1. sp410

sp410 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So I have a 2010 Prius with about 120,000 miles on it... have owned it used for the past 3.5 years or so

One thing I've noticed, that I don't remember noticing, is that the gap between the bottom of the hood and the front bumper seems to be wider than it's supposed to be... there is a little rubber thing in there protecting the gap, but it seems wider on my car vs on newer models

The bumper has been replaced twice too after minor accidents, so I don't know if this has something to do with it?

Is this a common thing that happens on these vehicles? Is there any suggested repair I can do to make this look better? It kind of gets to the point where this is all that draws my attention on the front of the car.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

i would stop by a body shop and ask them. preferably not the ones who did the repairs.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If the bumper that was replace is a clone or a non OEM part, the fit is probably going to be a little iffy. Also, you have to consider the attaching points. Are they in alignment. In any event, a good body technician could probably improve the fit with a little tweaking.