1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front bumper grill

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Lodrun, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Lodrun

Lodrun My proper car is an MGC

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yesterday I hit a pheasant on the road, which destroyed the black grill fitted in the front bumper air intake aperture. The bumper seems fine but the grill must be replaced. The three grill sections appear to simply snap into place from the front of the bumper. Can anyone confirm that this is correct and that I don't have to remove the bumper?

Ian

2. fed123

fed123 Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Normally the grill snaps into place, but will only do so if there was no damage to the bumper and everything will correctly realign.

3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    One of my Prius is missing one of the side sections (HID-equipped models have a center grille and 2 smaller side grilles flanking the fog lamps) It seems like at least a quarter of the Prius I see have this same problem, so these grille pieces are obviously not secured very well, which would lead me to believe they can be snapped in and out with ease.

I find it highly unlikely that you would have to remove the bumper. It may have tabs that are difficult to remove without breaking the tabs, but since you aren't interested in saving the damaged grilled, I say remove and replace it, go for it!!