1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front bumper replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Sampino35, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Sampino35

Sampino35 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sadly, I hit a dog a few days ago in my Prius (2015 Prius two) and I am probably looking at having to replace the whole front bumper and grill. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good quality OEM front bumper? I don't want the body shop to put on some cheap knock off bumper. Did a quick search through the forums but couldn't find any related posts. Also, saw some mesh style looking grills for a Prius, thoughts?

iPhone ?

2. CARiD

CARiD New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    You can replace your bumper with nice aftermarket option, for example from Duraflex. They have TK-R Style Body Kit, that looks great on Prius and all the parts are sold separately. As for the mesh grilles, Grillcraft makes Fine mesh grilles for Prius, in Black and Silver finishes.

Attached Files:

3. IMkenNY

IMkenNY Im just being nosy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    You will find the dealer pricing of the unpainted OEM bumper is quite reasonable, the hard part is getting the new paint to be as resilient to stone chips compared to the factory paint.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Can you post a picture of a damage?

Bumper repair's on my mind: our son tore a chunk out of his front bumper a few months back, and I'm thinking about DIY repair, since it's so low down. It was due to a parking lot with concrete tire stops: they "nail" the stops onto the pavement with rebar. In this instance the %*%^! rebar was sticking out of the stop about 6".

5. Tande

Tande Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Similar......I too hit a dog, about a year ago, that required replacement of the front bumper cover.....found one at salvage through "Ebay", correct color......had it shipped via "Greyhound" from Calif. to Mich......installed it myself......all is good!

6. Markie B

Markie B New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have just received my Tk-R front bumper. I'd be delighted to know what and where to purchase the, kind of square, turn signal light ?