1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

front bumper scuff on bottom.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by silversyren, Jun 19, 2007.

1. silversyren

silversyren New Member

I've had my prius for a few weeks now.. right at 750 miles.. and managed to already put a decent-sized scuff/scrape on the right bottom of my front bumper! It must have happened when I was parking.. I used to drive a Toyota Rav4 so I'm used to a bit taller of a car. It's not terribly noticable.. but how much would it be to fix? And can I prevent it from happening again? Just be more careful and don't pull forward too much? :p

2. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I have had to have couple dings fixed on my Prius because of people hitting it with a door or cart. I went to my local Toyota body shop and they said the one ding in my passenger door would cost about $400. However they gave me the name of a guy who probably do it cheaper who came to Toyota once a week. I tried him out and for $75 he was able to push out the ding. I referred him to a friend and she was satisfied too. Then I go another ding in my drivers side door and went back to him. For $62.50 that ding was fixed and you can't tell it was ever there.

Maybe your local Toyota dealer has someone like this that comes around too? He doesn't work for Toyota but Toyota must rent him a spot in their shop once a week.

I'm glad I was able to find him and now will refer him to anyone in my area needing help with car dings.

3. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Christina @ Jun 19 2007, 09:46 AM) [snapback]464739[/snapback]</div>
    On the bottom? Is it only noticeable when you get down on your knees to check? I wouldn't worry about it. My front bumper has scraped plenty of those 'curbs' in parking stalls. I'm the only one that knows they're there.