1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front Bumper / Splash Guard

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Brendan, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Brendan

Brendan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all.
    About 2 weeks ago, I was a bit absent minded and I drove forward into a parking lot space divider (concrete). I stopped pretty quickly after I heard it crunch, but it still dented my bumper a bit, and knocked my splash guard partially loose. I have since used packing tape to tape it back (relatively) into place, so that it no longer drags along the ground. From the pictures linked below, you can see that it is not really attached on the screws or clips anymore in many places.

See photo gallery here: img46.imageshack.us/g/cimg0135.jpg/
    The first pic is a pan out of the whole bumper. The next two are closeups of the left and right sides of the bumper. The next one is a closeup of a dent right in the middle. The last two are pictures of the splash guard from both the left and right side of the car. (let me know if any problems with the picture url so I can fix)

First off, I was wondering what kinda effects this might have on my driving of the car, or the wear and tear of the car in general. I figure there will probably be a little more drag with it not solidly attached anymore, but what else? Can damage be caused to other parts of the car because this is not on like it should be?
    Second, how much do people think a repair on this might run me? I figure the splash guard definitely needs to be replaced. I am not so sure if the bumper needs to be replaced simply for a slight dent, but I don't know if there is less noticeable damage underneath that is more serious.
    Also, is it okay to put off repairing it? I am maybe a few weeks before my 25K mile service, so I figure I'd at least get a quote from the dealer while I am already over there. They'll probably tell me I absolutely need to repair it right away, but that's to be expected. I figure I can at least check online to see if I can get a better deal on some of the parts.

Thanks in advance for any help!