1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front dash Air Vents

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rcky_mntere, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Rcky_mntere

Rcky_mntere New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Fairly new owner but I've noticed that the 2008 front dash side air vents and the plastic trim seem to be excessively reflective which impedes the visibility of the side-view mirrors.

Was wondering if any one else feel the same way?

Any after market product that is cut to fit these plastic trim pieces that may be made in flat felt-like material to match the color and trim cuts? Must be made of high heat resistant stick-on otherwise I'm sure they peel off and leave a mess.

2. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    to be honest I have not noticed. I guess that means it didnt bother me

3. northwichita

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I drive 5 hours a day for my job , the silver reflective Toyota emblem on the steering wheel and the silver ring on the on/off button bothered me when the sunlight would hit them. I covered them with this black rubber knobby material used to open bottles with, attached with hot glue gun (plastic) from a hobby shop. If you buy one , buy the high heat , which is really is not that hot. It will remove by just rubbing hard.

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have not noticed that either, but what does get me is the bright lights of taller vehicles reflecting in through the side mirrors. The rear view auto dims, but those side ones sure do reflect and make it tough sometimes!

Anybody else notice this one???

73 de Pat KK6PD