1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front Defroster/Defogger, whatever you want to call it

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by nivekonbass, Jun 20, 2022.

1. nivekonbass

nivekonbass Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi guys,

Hoping to get some help with a problem I'm having on my Prius. When I try using the windshield defroster/defogger it just doesn't do anything. When I hit the button, no light or anything. Rear one works, but windshield does not. Heat/AC works fine, just this button doesn't do anything.

Where can I find the fuse box for this (no manual in my car, online manual doesn't show the windshield defroster location from what I'm seeing)?

Is there anything else I should check out? Never had this problem before, please forgive my ignorance as I got this car 2 days ago.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I doubt you're going to find any 'fuse' that will be the cause of your defrost button having no effect. That's just one of the buttons built into the HVAC buttons-and-display unit, and if the display and other buttons work, it's getting power.

From your description, my suspicion would land first and hardest on the button itself. A relatively unadventurous person might just get that panel (maybe a working used one, or one borrowed from another Gen 3) and see what happens. It only takes a minute to pop that panel out. If it were mine, I would probably see if I could get to the button contacts for cleaning.

3. nivekonbass

nivekonbass Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Why do you think it's the button itself?

This is a 13 Prius with 80k miles. is it likely that this button would be dirty enough to warrant a new climate panel? Is there a relay or something I can test for this before I go spending money on a new climate panel? I do not have access to another gen 3 prius

4. nivekonbass

nivekonbass Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    you called it. it is the button :p, sorry for questioning you <3

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model: