1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front Door Panel Clips

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Metrolens, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Metrolens

Metrolens Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi all, I want to remove the front drivers side door panel, to be able to swap out a blown JBL speaker with a new speaker. I have a 2005 Gen 2.

I've seen a panel removal done on YouTube, but want to have the correct DOOR CLIPS on hand in case I break one. Can anyone advise on which clips I need, and where to get them?

2. egg_salad

egg_salad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    3 choices:

1] open your wallet wide and visit your local Toyota dealer. I'm sure someone will have the p/n; I'm too lazy. I tried this once and 5 clips set me back 8 bucks. No thanks.

2] Search Amazon or eBay for Toyota clips. Folks in both venues sell kits full of clips, so you always have the right one.

3] Visit your local DIY junkyard. Toyotas have used the same door panel clips since Jesus was in grade school - you want the white ones. You'll find that half the door panels have already been removed so they're easy to get at. Some junkyards will give them to you, and some will charge a quarter or so. Frankly, I just put them in my pocket and smile as I leave. The ethics of that are up to you.

3. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Part number for clip is 90467-10161. If you remove the panel carefully you probably won’t break any.

Metrolens and egg_salad like this.
  4. Metrolens

Metrolens Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Valde3, I bought these before you posted - will they work? Amazon says they fit my vehicle. They look right. And I believe reviewers said they worked for a Gen 2...

#4 Metrolens, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  5. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If others say they fit then they probably fit. Only way to be sure is to test. Part number that I posted is just a part number for OEM clips.

Metrolens likes this.