1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front end bra

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by boulder city prius, Apr 23, 2005.

1. boulder city prius

boulder city prius New Member

Just drove my new 2005 P :( rius home last night - all of 17 miles, and this morning I noticed two small pebble pits in the front end! I am not happy! Wished I knew to get the front end bra before I bought the car. Word to the wise: get your bra before you drive it off the lot!

Any suggestions where to get the bra?

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    congrats, welcome to the club! :) unfortunately the hood of your new baby is quite low profile and a magnet for little bits of road debris.

your dealer can get the car bra for you in most cases. we bought ours at the dealer here in NC, list price was $150. ask for part #pt218-47040 and don't have them install it- it is easy to do on your own if you have a screwdriver and a little time.

they have to ship from CA so depending where you are it is probably going to be a special order and take a few days.

when it comes, make sure to wash and wax the front end (and the rest of the car is a good idea as well) before installing. I have a pic of an installed bra on my 05 black- click on the 'album' link below my post.

good luck!

3. Breezy

Breezy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Update:
    The front end bra has been sold. I don't think I can delete a post so I'm updating this one. For those who have sent inquires, thank you.

Original post:
    My husband has decided he wants the 3M covering done. I guess women aren't the only ones who change their minds!

Therefore, we have a front end bra to sell. Less than a month old (picked up our Prius on March 31st; didn't get the bra til a week later). We were going to put it on E-Bay. Send me an e-mail if you are interested and I'm sure we can work out a deal. If believe you can get send the e-mail by clicking on either the profile link or the e-mail link.

4. bentdvr

bentdvr New Member

galaxee,

where did you get the bumper protector? I need one of those.

5. Breezy

Breezy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Pardon my typos on the previous post. I hate typos (just the ones that I make).

My last line should have said:
    I believe you can send the e-mail by clicking on either the profile link or the e-mail link.

6. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Bumper protectors should also be available through the dealer. Mine is part #00016-47015.

7. bentdvr

bentdvr New Member

I stopped by my Toyota dealer today and he said that that is not a Toyota part number.

8. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Maybe it's a southeast Toyota thing? That's the exact part number listed on my invoice.

The protector also fits Corollas and has Corolla written on the back. Maybe have them look for that?

Hope that helps, sorry the part number didn't work.