1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front-end mask

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Leomania, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Leomania

Leomania New Member

So the cost of the ClearBra/Clear Armor kit for the Prius seems too high to me, and I don't think I'm going to be able to justify it to myself or my wife. I'm considering instead the front-end mask (bra), but I'm concerned about paint scratches caused by friction from the mask. Does anyone know if this is a problem with the mask for the Prius?

As a note, I'm looking at the one from metrotpn.com which is called a "full" mask for $111. If anyone has a picture of what this one looks like, or suggestions of others that should be considered, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Leo

2. rickdm

rickdm New Member

I am afraid that a regular bra is not a good idea for extended use. They flap in the wind causing scratches and if they get wet you must remove them to keep from damaging the paint. In the Porsche club (where these things originated) you see people that will put them on for a long drive or for a track event, but remove them soon after.

Regards,
    rickdm