1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

front floor mat holder/keepers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by boppo, Mar 31, 2009.

1. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II

I have the toyota floor mats in front and they have 2 holes in it to put some plastic keeper so they will not slide forward. Did this come with the floor mats or is that something you can get a your local toyota dealer?
    Thanks, :)

2. nascrlvr

nascrlvr nascrlvr

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Boppo........I'm not a mechanic, but here goes. My '09 has the holes in the Toyota mats that you are describing. The carpet has a black plastic fastener on both sides of the car that will come through the holes and hold the mats. Check your car for that. I have had a similar thing in other cars I have had and our '09 Tacoma has the same set up. Check it out........

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The retainers are supposed to come with the floor mats. I bought a set of OEM rubber mats and they were included. I bet you could get them from the dealer for cheap/free. Tell them you think the car is unsafe without them. :madgrin:

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Say what? Mine has hooks embedded in the floor which engage holes in the mats to keep the mats from moving. Are the floor hooks missing in your car?

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yes, I think he is saying that the hooks are missing.

6. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah. A definite safety problem. Boppo, if you bought your car new and it never had the hooks that's a screwup that should be fixed for free. In any case, don't use floor mats until you have the hooks installed. There's any number of cases of unintended acceleration caused by bunched-up floor mats.

7. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi All,
    Thanks for all the post, I bought it used on 03/13/09 and I just went down and looked to see and no hooks just 2 holes on driver side.
    Thanks, :eek: