1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front License Plate Bracket

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by westyork21, Apr 14, 2017.

1. westyork21

westyork21 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I had to get new license plates and in VA there is a need for a front one. Because my old license plates rusted through, I had to tear off the front license plate holder. I need to replace the whole holder (it's the black frame around the front license plate) and I can not find what I need...or I'm too cheap to pay $60+ to replace it. I actually don't need the frame at all but I need the brackets that come with the frame. Any ideas to help me cheaply find a fix?

2. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Zip ties?

3. westyork21

westyork21 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Problem solved! I actually found the part numbers and called my local toyota dealership. They had the brackets in stock. They called them a 'Spring Nut'. Total cost was $7.70 for two spring nuts and two screws for the holder. I called the dealership directly and gave them these part numbers (although I don't think they were 100% correct but it got me in the right direction) - 90179-06127 and 90159-60431
    Zip ties are not a bad alternative!