1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front license plate bracket?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by njmurvin, May 14, 2010.

1. njmurvin

njmurvin Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My car came with nothing on the front to hold the license plate. I see the places molded in the bumper where holes will eventually be made to hold it on. Should there be a bracket there as well, or does the license plate screw directly onto the bumper (seems unlikely it would fit right)?

I bought my car from a dealer about 50mi from me. I asked them to ship me the license plate bracket and all they sent me was their logo'ed frame and a couple of screws. If there's a bracket, I need that shipped to me as well.

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Those dimples are where the license plate bracket gets attached.

1 person likes this.
  3. Luis138

Luis138 Angel Rat

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Check in the storage area under the mat in the back. Mine was in there.

Luis

4. njmurvin

njmurvin Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks. I'll check that out.

5. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, that is where the dealer usually leaves it. I am surprised they didn't already install it on there part of their PDI.

6. njmurvin

njmurvin Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well, it's not surprising to me. The whole delivery process was a little sketchy. The sales agreement said there were 15 miles on the car. The car was delivered to me about 50 miles away from the dealership. But, the car had almost 150 miles on it when they delivered it. I'm guessing they may have dealer traded for it and didn't have time to go through the normal PDI process. My wife drives it to work. I'll check it tonight. I don't have my plates yet. But, I expect them soon.

7. ozarkgolfer

ozarkgolfer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ouch! I'm sorry, but I would not take delivery of a car but anywhere other than from the dealership. I would not take a car with 150 miles on it unless I knew in advance, especially when the car was only supposed to have 15 miles on it. I want to test drive a car first, but I expect the car I drive off the lot not to have been driven by a bunch of other people.

You need that front license plate holder. Here in Arkansas, we are not required to carry a front plate, and the dealers used to routinely drill holes and attach the plate holder. The last four cars I have bought I have told them that if they drill the holes, I will not take the car. No problems so far.

8. LeadingEdgeBoomer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    In NM there are no front plates, and I specified, among many other things, that they do not attach the bracket. No problem, the unused bracket that comes with the car was under the cargo floor, along with the strap for securing a flat tire in the cargo area (it will not fit in the compact spare place). If I relocate to a front-plate state, I have the bracket.

9. njmurvin

njmurvin Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I understand your position and I agree somewhat. But, we elected to have the car delivered to us (logistics and timing). Maybe I got lucky because the car was perfect (aside for the license plate bracket) and I inspected it VERY carefully for damage. I was concerned/curious about the mileage but, in the big picture, it accounts for about 2 days' driving for us. The license plate bracket was not in the cargo area (tire strap was there, but no bracket). So, I'll be giving my dealer another call today. And, yes, in Calif we have to have a front plate. I got ticketed once (different car) by an airport cop on a bicycle in the parking structure.