1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front lights out

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by SandNerd, Feb 21, 2021.

1. SandNerd

SandNerd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2010 Prius, 94k miles with P0A80 since last November. Dr. Prius showed I still have 28% life left. Cleared it a couple of times since and dealing with that would probably require another thread.

This week, however, I turned on the headlights only to find out that almost all of my front lights are not working, even after restarting the car or repeatedly turning headlight knob.

What does not work:
    • Low beam lights (halogen bulbs)
    • Front Parking lights (one of them was out before this)
    • Front Marker lights
    What works:
    • High beam
    • Front and rear turn signals
    • All Rear lights (except license plate’s one, out from before)

I visually checked related fuses, “P/I 2” in engine compartment and “PANEL” and “TAIL” in instrument panel, and didn’t see any blown ones.

Should I go ahead and order new bulbs or do you think there’s something else causing this?

Thanks in advance for reading and any suggestion you can offer!

P. S. I’m on a tight budget and own almost no car tools so anything you suggest I’ll have to buy, like I did with the Panlong OBD2 scanner.

Attached Files:

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Remove one of the front headlight bulbs and inspect it. It should be fairly obvious if one of the filaments is burned or broken.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. SandNerd

SandNerd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Not 100% sure but it looked okay to me. Thoughts?

Attached Files: