1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front Plastic Guard Part in Front of Wheels

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by crellion, Sep 22, 2010.

1. crellion

crellion Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi all! Been a long-time reader and first-time poster to this forum. I had just bought my brand-new baby this summer (Prius 2010 II and my first brand-new car ever!) and had a few questions on the regular wear-and-tear on the underside of the Prius.

I noticed that the front black plastic guard in the front of the Prius tires are a bit scoffed on the underside, but I believe thats just from the regular road wear and use. Still - I don't even know what that part is called and how easily it can be replaced if it gets worn down over the ages...

Overall are these just the normal wear and tear I can expect from using the car?

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard officially. Unfortunately wear and tear happens. My front bumper skin has road rash really bad. With the less durable paint on these cars it will be more noticeable faster.
    Just about ever part is replaceable for a price. Just have your service dept. look the part number up and order from places like parts.com.

3. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    These small under body panels on the Prius are woefully inadequate for Chicago Winters. I lost the passenger side cover the first time we got two inches of snow (which get's pushed to the sides of the roads in areas 4-6 inches deep. This tore one side off completely, and cause the driver side one to rip off. Additionally, a later snow storm caused the rest of the fender liner to rip away.

Earlier this year, I was involved in a minor front end crash (which caused in excess of $8,000 dollars of damage), and as part of the repair, they replaced that piece. Subsequently, a heavy rainstorm caused it to get loose again, and now the lower portion has torn off again, and the well cover is starting to rub on the wheels. It's driving me nuts.

4. Teakwood

Teakwood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Somebody check me on this: I believe there are two parts to the black plastic under the front of the car. The most foreward strip is called the "front spoiler cover." the larger piece aft of that is the "engine under cover."

The front spoiler cover is the one that seems to get easily hung up on parking dividers.