1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front seat adjustment mod

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tripp, Oct 28, 2005.

1. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The other day a friend and I car pooled to hockey in my new Prius ('05 Package #3). He's 6'4'' and has a heluva hard time fitting into the front seat. With the driver's seat all the way back it's perfectly adjusted for me to drive. But then, I'm only 5'9''. That seems odd to me. Why is it that the seats don't adjust back very far? My old '90 Civic's seats went WAY back. My buddy had no problem riding shotgun in that car. Is there a way to extend the seats?

2. jay st. orts

jay st. orts New Member

strange. i stuck a 6'3" dude in the back seat, with another 6'3" up in front of him. they all said (sans provocation from me) that they were comfortable. i'm 6'2" and i'm comfy driving; tonight, as passenger on the way to various halloween functions, i was even more comfortable in the passenger side.

sorry your friend wasn't so happy. at least gas was cheap, and perhaps the friend worked out his aggressions via hockey.

3. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yeah, I'm 6'4" and have no problem. Were you wearing your hockey pads? Skates jam the seat?

4. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

This thread should be moved to the property topic.

5. anagle09

anagle09 New Member

I am also 6'3" an I feel perfectly comfortable in any seat in my Prius. That seems odd that 1 inch would make the difference.

6. DHonzik

DHonzik Junior Member

Its not height, but leg room....I am 6'1" and have the same problem. I wish it could go back another inch or two.

7. finiyon

finiyon Re-Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    6'-4" here. 2" of additional seat movement would be nice . . . but . . . it does not stop me from driving it 275 miles per week.

8. shimma

shimma New Member

I have dealer installed leather seats in my 05. My major peeve with the car is the lack of seat adjustments.

I weigh 320 unsloppy pounds and stand 5' 10". If only my seat could be height adjusted.

As it is, I need to finesse a comfortable driving position, and lying back is not an option. The steering wheel is optimally adjusted but I still feel shoehorned.

Does any one know of an aftermarket procedure to add seat height adjustment?
    Needless to say, any modification could not compromise the safety of my pudgy butt.

Thanks for any suggestions. Shimma

9. N6ZY

N6ZY New Member

I just rented a Prius to see if I want to buy one. I am very impressed with everything except the seats. We both found them really uncomfortable, with no adjustments to improve the seating position. I have two questions:

1. Is the 2006 model the same, or has Toyota improved the seating?
    2. Are there any after market seats available that will fit?

Otherwise I think that we are reluctantly going to pass on the Prius, much as I like everything else. I would appreciate any advice.

10. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The 2006 adds a leather seat option to the very last package; however, there are several on PC that have had luck getting their seats recovered in leather at an after-market shop.