1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

front seats & traffic sitting

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by hunybun, Apr 7, 2008.

1. hunybun

hunybun little red monster

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    silly questions....can the front seat be lowered in the 2008? I am tallish and the rear view mirror is in the way specially going around corners.....I have enough headroom but sitting up so high above the dash is a wee bit weird...:rolleyes::madgrin: will i get use to this and use to the blind spots? Oh one other question....when driving in rush hour traffic in the dc area i sometimes sit for a bit.....now in the winter we had sitting traffic for hours and do mean hours what do i do with the car turn it off or let it idle in drive......since traffic does move but really really slow......:eek: worried about running the elec battery down.......or will the gas part take over? ok i will control myself with the questions.....:eek:

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ask all the questions you like hunybun,
    The seat height in North American models can not be adjusted, it can in models outside North America but not inside. The mirror can be adjusted for height, that may help.
    You can leave the car on, you need to hold the brake quite firmly to stop power going to the electric motor. If you are going to be standing for a while you can put it in park and rest your foot but remember to apply the brake prior to selecting drive or it won't go in "gear". If the petrol engine starts to charge the battery it will cause a slight shudder, it's normal.