1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

front seats

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jayeliot, Nov 23, 2005.

1. jayeliot

jayeliot New Member

I drove my brother's 2004 Prius for about 90 miles. Felt about the same as my Camry. But I did miss the convenience of power seats for forward / backward / up / down and tilt. Does the 2006 Prius have this amenity? I have read some postings and it seems that many find that the seats 'suck'. Can you be more specific ?

Thanks

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I don't think the 2006 has power seats. My last car did and I miss it, especially the tilt part.

Some people are in pain after driving a few miles. Some have even changed the seats because of that. Personally I don't have any problems with them.

3. jayeliot

jayeliot New Member

Thanks for your feedback. Does anyone else have any thoughts on the comfort of the Prius front seats ?

4. ABC12

ABC12 New Member

i like them, but they're just seats, nothing special

5. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think that the seats have been fine so far. I havn't taken the car on any real long trips but have spent over an hour in the driver's seat without any issues. Like ABC12 said they work fine but nothing special. The one area where the seats get a fair amount of justifiable criticism is with tall people. The seats don't adjust back very far. In fact it's surprising how short the seat tracks are. The seats in my old Civic adjusted back a lot further than the ones in my Prius. Overall the seats are fine.

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    They slide forward and backward, and the seatbacks angle back: standard seats.

You can find recent threads here exploring every conceivable aspect of the seats, and people's likes and dislikes. Even a poll relating seat comfort to height!

7. mitchbf

mitchbf New Member

I think that the front seats are a little too spartan. I bought the car for a long daily commute. I'm a runner and the next thing I know I'm having problems with my hamstring. I've been going to physical therapy for the last 6 weeks. Yesterday I saw a post regarding the seats and the use of a memory foam pillow so I stopped and picked one up on the way home. I've since discovered that this was the source of my "injury". The drive in this morning was the first one I've has a pain free in about two months... I had purchased seat covers for my '05 so I just stuck the pillow under the cover, so to speak. Works great! I highly recommend this to anyone who has a long drive and minimal posterior padding. :)