1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

front suspension upgrade for '05 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by SuperiorRange, Oct 15, 2010.

1. SuperiorRange

SuperiorRange Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I am wanting a change for my ride, quite litterally. I am looking for the best ride and handling for highway cruising. I also do not want to lower ride height as I drive this car in the winter and by winter I mean lots of snow. Currently my highway cruiser does fine on smooth rodes but gets a pounding on broken pavement or roads with many seams. There are too many, so many options (and brands) out there I don't even know where to start looking, springs or struts, aftermarket or factory, base or touring, the list goes on... Please give me some help to guide me in the right direction. Again smoothness and comfort are key.

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Not specifically "smoothness and comfort" but the Stiffening plate does quite a bit for stability in side winds.

G7 Performance Stiffening Plate upgrade stability Prius: eBay Motors (item 120634222569 end time Oct-22-10 00:24:08 PDT)

Taller tires at lower pressures will improve 'smoothness and comfort' at the expense of handling.

For instance this 14 inch tire (and 14 inch wheels) would be the same diameter, but an inch more air and rubber and an inch less aluminum, (or steel) so would ride better.

Goodyear Integrity

I have not seen a 'lift kit' for a Prius, although at 5 years, new struts all around would not hurt.

Suspension Products for Toyota Prius 2005