1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front Windshield Dimensions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Qlara, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Can someone kind enough to provide the measurements of 07-08 Prius front windshield's dimensions?

What's the Top width, side length and bottom width of the windshield, if measured from the outside?

My Prius is still en-route to my dealership, but I'd like to have these actual measurements sooner. Thanks!

2. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you are thinking about a reflective sun shade, just buy one through the Priuschat Shop. It is custom sized and fits perfectly. It even has little wings to cover the two little triangular windows in front of the front doors.[​IMG]

3. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the idea, but I'm not using the measurements for a sunshield.

Long story short, I just need the Front Windshield dimensions to calculate the surface area for a research topic. Can you provide the approximate dimensions?

4. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just go to a Toyota dealer and measure the dimensions from a Prius on the lot. FYI, the windshield is the same for the 04 thru 08 models.

5. Danny Hamilton

Danny Hamilton Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've got a tape measure in the car, and I'm headed out there for lunch this afternoon. If nobody has posted the info when I get back from lunch, I'll let you know. Can I round off to the closest inch, or do you need something more accurate?

6. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My closest Toyota dealer is 30 miles away, and I don't want to freak other owners out by measuring their Prius.

Danny, thanks in advance, really appreciated.

I need the Top + Bottom Width, and the Side Lengths (should be equal).
    If it's under 0.5" diff, a round-off will be suffice.

7. Danny Hamilton

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry, Haven't had a chance to get away from my desk yet today. I'll get the measurements for you when I head home and post them here this evening if nobody else has yet.

8. Danny Hamilton

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, so it is difficult to get an accurate measurement, because the glass is curved, but here are numbers that I hope are close enough for your needs:

Across the top of the glass I measure 46"

Down each side in a straight line from corner to corner I measure 34.5", add 0.5" to follow the curve of the glass between the two corners.

Across the bottom in a straight line from corner to corner I measure 54.5", add 2" to follow the curve of the glass between the two corners.

Ana Hernandez likes this.
  9. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That'll do, thanks again for the measurements info!
    Just by looking at the numbers, the windshield is inline with the Prius' interior width of shoulder room.