1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front Windshield Wiper?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Tamim, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Tamim

Tamim .

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey does anyone know the best place for me to buy replacement front windshield wipers would be? I live in the states.

I tried to check on Amazon but they don't seem to have a good selection.

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Some will use the dealer, others may use pepboys, autozone, o'reilly auto parts, or even costco (call to confirm seasonal stock), etc.

Tamim likes this.
  3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you still have the Toyota wiper blades, go to the dealer and get new refills for them. They cost about $8-10 each and last 3-4 years. In fact, they last so long that when the wipers got smeary on my wife's '07, I bought Toyota wiper blades so I could use their refills on it in the future rather than spend almost that much on aftermarket ones that would cost almost as much and not last nearly as long.

Here's a link to illustrate in case I didn't explain it clearly.

Toyota Prius Windshield Wiper Blade Refill (Left, Right). RHD, GEN, LHD - 8521450100 | Toyota of North Miami, Miami FL

4. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Agreed. Just replace the inserts. Easy-Peasy.

jerrymildred likes this.
  5. NewHybridOwner

NewHybridOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    When it says "(Left, Right)" do they mean that that is a set of two refills (one 26in. and one 19in.), or is it a single long refill that can be cut to length for the passenger-side wiper? Or do they mean that it fits the driver's side wiper, which may be on the left or the right, depending on whether it's a LHD or RHD vehicle?

BTW, my own local dealership told me long ago that the replacement inserts are no longer available for the original wipers and that the whole wiper has to be replaced by the new "SightLine" wipers that have non-replaceable inserts. Some of the online sellers maybe have old stock -- or maybe my local dealership is telling lies and is simply trying to make more money off their customers.

#5 NewHybridOwner, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  6. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When you sit in the car, the left is on your left and the right is on your right.

Last time I looked for inserts, they told me I could get them but had to get something like a 10-pack or something crazy like that. The Sightlines seem pretty good and they cost less than the OEM. I put those on one car and the OEM on the other car to see which holds up better. I didn't want to buy a bunch of inserts, so I wound up with the whole blade for both cars this time.