1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fruzzetti's wish list

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by fruzzetti, Dec 5, 2007.

1. fruzzetti

fruzzetti Customization-Obsessed

California (Pulled over 6x, ticketed 2x for tint)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Other than a new w key, here are a couple dreams:

(1) remote start while locked

(2) climate control adjustment from outside the vehicle

(3) "not-quite-ready" setting (think "the car is on, but it will not move until the driver gets back in, key in pocket, and presses ON")

(4) auto window switches for all windows (haha I copied a "w" and I'll just paste it a lot)

(5) remote control for all windows

(6) on-screen gauge cluster (there is a LOT of diagnostic information flowing around the car's data channels all the time; i want to be able to read it myself)

(7) power, automatically folding mirrors

(8) layered glass-laminate sunroof that custom fits the contour of the car.

If you can produce or know where I can score any of this, please let me know!!

many thanks,

~ dan ~

2. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Can't help with most of this, but for your instrumentation you might consider a ScanGauge. The numbers won't integrate with your stock cluster, but you'll still have them.

See this for info on a sunroof conversion.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    7) can be ordered from Japan. It's a Prius accessory there. Use SigmaAutomotive (.com) and click on the Prius link on the right frame

8) I'm sure a sunroof installer can do it for you.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For #6) You could try to get a CAN-View. But what you probably really want is this:
    [​IMG]

5. fruzzetti

fruzzetti Customization-Obsessed

California (Pulled over 6x, ticketed 2x for tint)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, wow, that's beautiful. you guys are the best.

I have a couple more wishes for the list, too:

(9) Hand-sensing handles on all four doors

(10) Rear disc brake conversion

:D

Thanks so much for the info. I'm going to buy all the above accessories today. Does the CAN-view have a good serial or USB protocol so I can connect it to and control it with my CarPC?

Thanks!

~ dan ~

6. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You aren't kidding about being customization-obsessed!

The CAN data could be accessed by a PC through the CAN-View, at least on the older model. See this page: http://www.kusnetz.net/prius/ and my page: http://eahart.com/prius/psd for an example of data from CAN-View begin used to feed into a Flash application. Data was fed into the Flash as XML-Socket... jkusnetz did the perl scripting that accessed the CAN data so don't ask me how that side was done :) I just wrote code to take the XML socket data and turn it into a pretty display.

I'm still interested in eventually developing a flash app similar to the Japanese one pictured above, but prettier and more useful. Only problems for me are: 1. no CAN-View, and 2. '06 Prius so I can't do the MFD integration and would have to work a flat-panel and laptop into the car... more money and time than I can afford right now!