1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FS: hood guard, rear window weatherflectors

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by onerpm, Oct 3, 2006.

1. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I traded in a 2005 Prius on a 2007 HyCam for my wife, and so have a couple of extra bits to sell:

1. Protrim, Inc. Toyota Prius Hood Guard from www.wooddash.com. Was $89.95 before shipping. My price is $50. Installed on 5/24/2005, removed 9/26/06. Has cutout for Toyota hood emblem. Mounts easily w/o drilling. Great shape. I have the installation instructions, and all 6 clips, l-brackets, and screws. I also have the 3 clear stick-on "bumpons" that you put on the hood to protect against the deflector rubbing your paint off; however, because I peeled them off, I'm not sure whether they will stick on again. They are generic protective bumpers that you can buy at WalMart or Home Depot for a buck. Also, you will probably want to find some clear film pads to put on the edges of the hood and on the headlights (5 total) below the clips. These are called for by the instructions, but mine were trashed upon removal. (just 2x2 inch square pieces of clear laminate self-adhesive film.)

I'd prefer to sell this, and the stuff below, locally to avoid shipping it (because it's a little large). I'd be happy to help you install it, as I've done two of them now (I bought a second one and installed it on my 2006 Prius back in August... my wife and I must be inbrid.)

I can also send anyone interested a picture of my silver 2005 from back when the guard was on it.

2. Rear window (set of 2) Weatherflectors. From MacNeil Automotive. Can be seen on weathertech.com. Purchased and installed 6/17/05, removed 9/26/06. I put the front ones on my 2006 Prius, and decided I don't need the back ones. These mount without tape, using tension mainly, but also come with 2 clips (per side) that you stick up into the weatherstripping (necessary on rear windows only). I also have the tool to help do that, and the instructions (both original and corrected). These are smoked, but are not the "dark" ones. Price for new ones: $40. My price: $20. If you already have the front ones and want to add the back ones, here you go.

3. I also have a few Prius plastic wheel trim rings. I have 8, but 2 are probably spoken for already. will sell singly. $10 for perfect ones, $5 for scratched ones.

If any of this doesn't sell locally in the next week or two, I'll repost with shipping costs. I don't notice PM's much, so please email me at [email protected].

rob

2. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    OK, so no interest in my hood deflector here in Minnesota, so I'm offering it up to anyone around the country.

PM if interested!

Rob M.