1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel and evap leak

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jan1092, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Jan1092

Jan1092 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi
    I have evap error as the fuel tank was removed for anti corrosion car body treatment and ,after was installed got the error - my suspicions are the seal which connect fuel filling pipe to the tank ,
    Any one know part number for seal ?
    I'm in EU but I've USA 2007 Prius model.so it's not easy as for EU market the fuel tank and filing pipe are completely different .
    On diagram the seal it's not shown ,suspect it's inside the whole pipe and not available separately. It's the seal to connect the circle part to the tank

Screenshot_20210912-195009.png

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    On the US spec Gen2 prius, the filler pipe has a "quick connect" fitting that goes onto a nipple on the fuel tank. The seal is 1 (or 2?) O-ring inside the fitting. While it is possible that this is leaking (or not fully connected) I would expect that you would have petrol dripping onto the ground when you refueled.
    If it has a "check engine" light with a leak code for the evaporative emissions system, then there could be lots of possible causes. You would need to have the car put up on a car lift and inspected and/or tested. Why not have the people who dropped the tank before perform the inspection to see if anything was overlooked on reassembly?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. Jan1092

Jan1092 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes there is quick connect , but just I do not know what correct O rings should be there ,
    On nipple when removed filler pipe I can see one plastic washer ring and one o ring , yes fuel was leaking at first from there and after refitting the fuel filler pipe in local garage - it's not leaking but evap code shows up overnight ,
    EU cars do not have evap system here and garages do not know much about .
    it's old car and I've asked for fuel tank to be removed and underbody painted - will not dispute as they are are far and some good job with underbody and second - o ring must have been old so not fair hold them responsible -
    but I can not see O rings listed anywhere -hence my suspicions that they are in filler pipe when buying as whole ?
    Would be great fun if.seome.would.have good photo of Oring and if they should be peanently in pipe or should they be on

C Wagner likes this.