1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel Consumption screen question?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ajc, Nov 26, 2009.

1. ajc

ajc Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just got my 2010 III and have a Fuel Consumption screen question.
    On the 1-minute/5-minute interval screens there is no display for the AVG fuel consumption or AVG speed?

2. Bobsprius

Bobsprius BobPrius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Not below there is not but it should be in the bar graph. Those are cumulative minutes so idle and warmup I believe are in those graphics.

If you need the AVG Fuel and AVG Speed you will need to look at the Trip Meters either A or B if I recall correctly. ;)

3. ajc

ajc Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The manual shows AVG Fuel and AVG Speed on page 195 & 196?

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    on the steering wheel, there are two buttons, one for the display, the other for mileage (trip)... u simply need to hit that button to get what you want.

5. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You didn't change the trip display. There are 5 modes, slectable by Trip steering wheel button (TripA, TripB, Odo, km-to-next-tank, Off). Avg. speed and consumption for the given Trip A/B are visible on 2nd HSI and 3rd Interval consumtion screen.

6. ajc

ajc Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

They are now showing up :D

7. alokeprasad

alokeprasad Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Is there a web page somewhere with mode detailed explanation/walk-through of the info screens on the 2010 Prius? I find this particular screen with 1 min/5 min averages and multiple bar graphs. The owner's manual doesn't explain all that well.

What are the bar graphs (from left to right)? Do they reflect Trip A and/or Trip B trip odometers?

I think a line chart would have been more intuitive (with time on the X-axis and avg mpg on the Y axis).

8. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It is exactly what it shows, x axis is 1min/5min time interval history and bars shows the average consumtion for given period. Solid bar is a consumption and "cars" bar shows the recuperated energy (1 car = 30/50 Wh). The bar graph is most appropriate for this type of info and it is easily readable.
    You have a separate charts for Trip A or B, selectable by TRIP button on the steering wheel.

9. alokeprasad

alokeprasad Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I got confused by the diagram on pg 195 of the 2010 Prius manual that shows an arrow pointing to the right-most bar with the legend "Fuel consumption in the last 30 minutes".

Now that I understand this, that is the fuel consumption in the last 5 minutes. It is the left-most bar that is the consumption in the last 25-30 minutes.

(this is with the 5 min avg setting)

10. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How can you achieve the different last 1 min mpg's among Trip-A and Trip-B?
    I believe the last 1min/5min mpg's on both Trip-A and Trip-B should be the same.

Ken@Japan