1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel Consumption Worldwide

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by doubleg2005, Aug 9, 2007.

1. doubleg2005

doubleg2005 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

this was linked to from Treehugger.com and I thought it was interesting... it's this kind of image that goes through my mind as i drive past all the "bubba trucks" here in Texas (you know, the ones that have a ground clearance of 25' with 6' tires that get about 2 gallons per mile...)

1 person likes this.
  2. ZA_Andy

ZA_Andy Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The same was posted a couple of weeks ago in http://priuschat.com/Fuel-consumption-US-V...rld-t35950.html

The sad fact though is that the people who help push the US to the top of the fuel consumption chart are not the ones who would typically be looking at the chart and learning lessons from it!

3. doubleg2005

doubleg2005 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZA_Andy @ Aug 9 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]493036[/snapback]</div>
    doh! how did i miss that?

you're absolutely right... my little brother is constantly trying to insult me with "treehugger" and "hippie" and such and says he is waiting for when i leave the car overnight so he can put an exhaust system on it (which i think would be hilarious...). not to mention his penchant for voting republican and driving his 1986 Mustang (rebuilt) around 20 mph over the speed limit... :p

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    interesting chart. will be forwarding this around

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have changed the way I approach consumption. It all changed when I went to the Department of Energy and looked up the 2006 Crude Oil Imports by Country of Origin. I downloaded it into Excel and simply calculated the percentages based on country of origin. From there, it was a simple pie chart.
    [​IMG]

Now I just ask if people support communism because Chaves is using his oil revenue to build and maintain his comunist dictatorship.
    To all my Canadian friends, go hit up your doctor for some more pills and perhaps an unnecesary procedure or two. It's on me!

6. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm amazed that there was a country out there with more expensive petrol than us - Turkey! of all places.

I also didn't realise Canada was responsible for 18% of world oil!

7. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I think that is just US oil.

8. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    +1. Also Canada has a huge deposit of oil, it is just doesnt make sense fiscally to get it since it is in the sand.

Personally I would love gas to go to $8+ USD/gal. I will happily pay $100 to fill up the Prius because I know most of that money will go back into research for more efficient vehicles, or a real public transit system like high speed trains. That and it will fade out large unneeded vehicles. Perhaps an extra-tax-opt-out programme available to 18wheelers that drive cross country all the time since there really isnt a train alternative in the states yet.

Not a widely accepted opinion to raise taxes in the states, but that is how things get done.

9. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Ideally yes. In reality it goes to Goldman Sachs and the like. :(