1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel Economy Graduate Study

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by GradDesign, Aug 4, 2009.

1. GradDesign

GradDesign New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings,

My name is Matthew Wilkins and I am doing a graduate study on driver interface in the hopes of improving fuel efficiency. I posted a similar post yesterday but I took several comments which said to work on my questions. Please feel to give as detailed answers as much as possible.

1. Tell me about the driver interface of your car. (steering wheel, instrument panel, foot controls, various monitors, any aftermarket options, basically every part of your car that you physically pick up data through)

2. What areas within the vehicle do you visually get information from about your driving behavior? What is this info? (ex: Mirror-information about my surroundings.)

3. What areas within the vehicle do you get auditory information from about your driving behavior? What is this info? (ex: dashboard ding-information about me not wearing my seatbelt.)

4. What areas within the vehicle do you get information through touch about your driving behavior? What is this info? (ex: Seat-I can feel how rough the road is through the seat.)

5. Do you feel that you are an efficient driver? Why?

6. If you were to go back to a regular car, what aspect of your hybrid's interface would you like to see replicated? Why?

7. What portion of the dashboard do you look at the most?

8. What are your thoughts on the graphics and driver feedback found in the dash graphic screen? Do they work for your needs?

9. What would you change to improve your efficiency?

10. Describe your cars personality, if it has one.

11. Where did you find your mpg figures before you bought your car?

12. Do you wish you could compare your actual mpg figures with other hybrid drivers?