1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel economy on PA Turnpike

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by JerzyPriusDriver, Nov 12, 2006.

1. JerzyPriusDriver

JerzyPriusDriver New Member

A couple of times, I have had to make a few jaunts to Pennsylvania. I have realized that several sections of the PA turnpike have yielded high numbers.

1. Heading southbound on the NE Extension from the Pocono to Lehigh Valley Interchange, I put on the cruise and got 72 mpg

2. Heading eastbound on the mainline from the Morgantown exit to the NJ Turnpike, I got an amazing 67 mpg on cruise.

2. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That's GREAT!

You have to take in account the grades. On the extension going south , you are going mostly downhill. Not familiar with the other route.

Don't worry, be happy!

3. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I go to Pittsburgh on the Pa Turnpike quite often. With a new Prius I am expecting low MPG to PGH and high MPG from PGH on the way home, due to the elevation difference. Will make the trip this week and report back.

4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I got 42.5 MPG going west bound up the mountains to Pittsburgh and about 49.4 coming back home down the mountains.