1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel price jump

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by longshortofit, Apr 4, 2005.

1. longshortofit

longshortofit Junior Member

The town where I work in Central Minnesota. The gas price while I was pumping, went from 2.049 to 2.359 at 12:10pm CST.

What has been the largest jump in gas in a 24 hour period?

This is getting bad

2. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    So, was part of your fill up at one price and part of your fill up at another price? Did it litearally change while the meter was spinning?

Nate

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Metro Minnesota now has it at $2.35 9/10 too.

That's our highest price ever around here.

So I'd like to say thanks to all the Prius owners for helping prove there is a realistic solution available. Without that glimmer of hope they provided, the situation would really be ugly... because there simply is not any other solution available. Demand for oil continues to climb. Squeezing a few MPG more using "mild" enhancements just plain isn't enough.

And of course, the smog pollution continues to be a growing problem too. Hybrids that only offer ULEV doesn't accomplish anything, since many non-hybrids are already at that level. Cleaner is needed, like the SULEV the HSD hybrids provide.

4. rflagg

rflagg Member

According to my nephew in central Michigan, today it went from 2.10 at most places to 2.50.

This morning here it was 2.21, I need to get some on the way home and I'm a little worried it jumped here too.

-m.

5. longshortofit

longshortofit Junior Member

naterprius

Thankful no, or especially for the gas hog auto next to me. We were talking about will it go up in midstream. It did NOT, when we put the pump back the price now showed 2.359. That was a close one.

$.31 jump and a 10 gallon fill up is $3.10 savings by making it under the wire.

6. rflagg

rflagg Member

Hooray, only cost me 2.29.9 a gallon to fill up! (was able to get in 11.5 gallons - anyone know when summer gas usually arrives?)

-m.

7. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It went up seven cents overnight here. I filled yesterday at 2.13, and saw 2.20 on the way to work at the very same filling station this afternoon.