1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel Pump Relay Location/Label

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by AZN, Apr 15, 2012.

1. AZN

AZN New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have an '02 Prius. I took off the negative cable off the the battery while replacing my front speakers. After I hooked my battery back up, I tried to start my car and the fuel gauge was saying that I was empty (but I have a full tank of gas). The check engine light and the warning light came on. The engine will start, but then turn off a few seconds later and won't kick back in when I press the gas pedal. I still have full battery power after the gas engine shuts off (I can play the radio and my headlights work), but no movement from the electric engine. Someone mentioned that it might be my fuel pump relay, but I can't seem to locate it. Do any of you know what the fuel pump relay is labeled as in the box or possibly have any insight as to what my problem might be? Thanks in advance.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The fuel pump relay is aka circuit opening relay and is located in the relay box near the inverter.

After you start the engine, immediately shift to N and rev up the engine, see if you can keep it running in N.

3. bigblock67

bigblock67 433K with new cells

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes the car runs rough sometimes n neutral