1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel tank collapsed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by shuchita, Jan 6, 2015.

?
  1. any one had problem with fuel tank of prius?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Is there a difference between Hybrid technician/mechanic and regular car mechanic?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. shuchita

shuchita New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We have a prius 2008. On December 2'nd we brought it to our dealership for a recall job done (campaign 182). I could not fill gas after that and the dealer insists that the fuel tank broke down because refuel light was flashing. How do I find out the reasons of fuel tank collapsing?
    Shuchita

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's the bladder. but i wouldn't trust the dealer on this one. take it somewhere else for a checkout and call the toyota customer service line to file a complaint. what recall was done exactly? how much do they want to do the repair? it may be that you just need to learn how to fuel up in cold weather.

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Moved to the Gen II forums from the Prius v forums.

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Question:

What is recall job, campaign 182?

Why I am asking is, whatever it is, was it something that would of put the technicians anywhere near or in any way dealing with your fuel tank?

The problem is, what has happened...has happened. The reasons it happened?
    Well if the dealership isn't admitting to having any connection to the fuel tank collapse then you don't have much choice but to simply deal with the outcome.

It may just be unfortunate timing. There might not be any connection between having the recall done, and the fuel tank collapse. You'd be hard pressed to "prove" there was any connection.

Also, not real clear on what you mean, or the dealership means by "collapse". On the Gen 2, it is a fuel bladder that does seem to sometimes be affected by age and temperature...and there are numerous threads on how owners deal with "finicky" fuel bladders.

Numerous threads where people share their fuel bladder refilling techniques and approaches. Can't remember reading too many where anyone went from a fully functioning fuel bladder to "suddenly" not being able to fill it at all.

I would press the service department to explain what they mean by "Fuel Tank Broke Down".